Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up

Whew! What a week!

We spent one night in ICU w/ a dear friend, while the kiddos were home with Nana.  Another night we went back to the ER to drop of a boat-load of snacks. I know how long those hospital days & nights can be. What does this have to do w/ home-educating? Well, it's LIFE, our life IS our education.  learning to care about & FOR people, is the most important lesson, right?

Then the middles had to miss dance class-I hate that but I had class and the daddy had a call-back.  Again, another life lesson.  Priorities, sometimes you have to sacrifice what *you* want for the good of the whole family.  Daddy needs to go to call-backs because that is how he supports us.  No call back, no work, no support, NO dance class! Birdy really seemed to understand with out me having to even explain it.  I was working it out in my head, a loud and I mentioned I could miss my own class & Bird piped up: "No! NO way--you can NOT miss class! It's very important." How sweet is that?

Bird had to draw a map of the world, paying attention to labeling each continent and ocean.  For some reason, her hand drawn map produced a North America that was way bigger than the continent of Africa! I found a free printable blank map online and had her color and label that one as well.

We ordered the next math level for S from Teaching Textbooks.  He also wrote grammar sentences and labelled them according to their punctuation. Both of them need to move faster through their history & science portions of their curriculum or we'll be working late through summer!!!

Last weekend Lil E was a camp counselor for the youth group so that accomplished quite a few hours for his 'volunteerism' elective. He constructed and turned in his resume for the internship position @ the art studio. I hope he gets it! He also continued to work on his grammar & is persevering through Chemistry still....he's also doing an online Film class elective....in honor of that we took a field trip to FIDM to see their museum exhibit of movie costumes. They had way more costumes than they had a few years ago, last time we went.  It was completely fabulous.

There is a park connected to it, so after the museum we hung out & the youngers played and ran around.  Then we enjoyed a gourmet lunch from a high end 'lunch truck'! lol It was super delicious.

No comments: