Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Back to School--Year 17

How I got here, I never would have imagined. Quite a career I've had, with out any cost-of-living wage increases, no paid sick leave and absolutely no bonuses or retirement. Sigh. I do have concerns for my future...for now though, I keep on keeping on.

The Ktbunch...at oldest' wedding last week.

Samuel is in 10th grade this year. Wow. Only a few more to struggle get through. He'll have more dance classes this semester and that should be good for him.  

Randomly practicing his hand stands.

Bird's in 8th grade and I feel very excited for her. I am intentionally challenging her more this year and hope she rises to the occasion. I've also decided to have him officially evaluated for a learning disability. I hope to have it on record, though it's been so long. As he nears college, I feel it would be beneficial to have a paper trail to follow him. I am over-joyed that he even desires to go.

Bird, in charge of the guest log at her oldest brother's wedding last week.

Kurtis is in 1st grade. He likes to pretend he can't do anything, like read. I wonder why? My oldest used to do that too but it was to get away from people who were trying to quiz him.

This sweetheart showing off his cool hair.

Working at the tutoring center this past year has really reignited my passion for education. I have pulled out the manipulatives I had stashed away, the learning toys and created games on my own, primarily for Kurtis but it's been fun again. 

I actually spent my summer vacation teaching daily boot camps the tutoring center hosted. At first I was working with 3-5 graders, then I was switched to a first grade class on my own.  That was really fun since Kurtis is actually entering first grade. I found a lot of lap books, and unit studies to go along with classic pieces of age appropriate literature, as well as free printouts to work with themes.

Everyone is feeling really positive about this school year. I know it won't be easy juggling work and the ktbunch's educational needs and demands, but as always, I am trusting God in this. He hasn't let me down so far...

No comments: