Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Day 20

I restructured our 'plan' to include more lessons on Dad's/H's work days & less on his days off. BUT that now includes scheduled lessons on the weekends. And the lessons on dad's day's off are lighter subjects as well that the oldest tends to ace anyway like Art, Literature, Science.

He likes those subjects & they are kinda easy for him. He is also enjoying vocabulary, which is learning Latin roots & prefixes. I remember enjoying the same thing in 10th grade. Well, I didn't enjoy it much back then but I do now. lol

Kindergartner was asking all day to do school. Seems when we take a break, he looks forward to it more than if we do it everyday. He & the youngest LOVE when I read aloud to them so I used his Language Arts story for our read aloud time. It was the Frog Prince. It was different than I remembered. lol

Oldest got the majority of his lessons finished today. He started to get a bit overwhelmed thinking of all he would have to do tomorrow....but I reminded him to start w/ the scheduled lessons AND THEN try to finish up the ones left over.

It was a good day. :o)

No comments: