Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Thursday, May 31, 2007

La County Zoo






Today we enjoyed a trip to the La County Zoo. It was a great day w/ great weather, only a little warm in spots. To see such animals in cages...was a little sad. But exciting for the ktbunch who may never see certain animals IRL otherwise.

I think we were most mesmerized by the giraffes. Such peculiar animals, beautiful. Baby giraffes are born averaging 150 lbs & 6 ft tall. And we women complain about OUR big babies? lol

We saw a Ca Condor that was about as big as S! It's also amazing to see such bright colors on feathers of birds. Such an amazing God we have to provide such beauty in nature that man can only aspire to replicate.
They also had a spider exhibit that was more hype than substance but it was fun. It was like walking through a miniature spider-man set.

The park was nice enough. The gift shop was lacking anything of real substance...mostly stuffed animals & over priced rubber animals. Hardly any books & not even postcards! I was disappointed. I only visited one restroom & it was in bad need of repair w/ missing pieces of tile & wall. Very sad.

I missed the children's discovery zone, which I suspect was an indoor museum of sorts w/ lots to touch. Also there was a "children's zoo" which we also missed. I did not notice these when we first arrived, only when we were leaving & The park was already closing. :(

There are actually quite a few museums in the area & I wish we would have had more time to visit others. THe drive was not so bad so another day.....

No comments: