Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Right in OUR own back yard....

I'm on an 'Our Town' kick...no, not the play. lol But discovering & enjoying the wonderful sights & sounds in our own town & local areas. After our road trip & having the feeling of exploring other sights that many that live there may take for granted...I wondered how many educational opportunites do WE take for granted in our local areas? What local history have we been overlooking?

Here's a local spot we had NEVER visted before until recently....it's a gorgeous local library.....The Cerritos Library.



I didn't get a picture but the children's section also has a 15,000 gallon saltwater aquarium that is so relaxing....& viewable from both sides. The library itself is huge, there are different sections such as the children's section, a teen section & different floors where they hold special events. It was too hot the day we went to explore but there is also a sculpture garden outside.

Even though it is a public library....there are some stipulations to become a member....you must either live, work or own property in the city OR you pay $100 to become a member & get a library card. Lucky me...I qualify by working @ the local community college. I plan on getting us cards very soon.

No comments: