Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Los Cerritos Rancho

We went here for the first time. I've seen special event flyers for it many times and always wanted to visit. I finally took the middle-not-so-littles. It fit in well with the CA History we are studying this year. It is a lovely historic adobe. It also has a nice garden.  It was fun to walk through the garden and recognize many of the same herbs we have growing in our own garden, here at home.  There were also many antique artifacts to view.

It's amazing to imagine that the city we live in and our parents live in, were all once owned by ONE family.  Their cattle grazed upon this land stretching all the way to the beach. So hard to believe. The adobe also emphasized the merging of Yankee and Mexican cultures in our Californian history.

This field trip not only emphasized CA History for us, but also science and nature, with it's assortment of various plant life in the garden.

I will post some pictures once I get them uploaded.

No comments: