Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Welcome Back!

I know it's been so long--I didn't finish up our school year in 'blogland' because...well, I had a baby! Yah, he's kept us pretty preoccupied.

We did finish the school year though...even if by the skin of our teeth. We had an ok summer, the outside of our house got painted.

Now we are back in full swing....whoa! school w/ baby! right?

Oldest is in 11th grade this year. Another whoa!
Next is 4th, then 2nd. 

Despite chilling all summer, my 4th grader's WPM, to begin the school year is @ 60! Which is a slight jump from where we ended last year.  It is still below the average BUT still moving forward and progressing. I found some sight word programs I want to try that look promising.

It's been a challenge to get my 11th grader situated this year. It's a bit of work to figure out this charter school system we are using.  No one seems to have direct answers for what curriculum is acceptable or not.  I will choose from the 'approved' list but then still get questions & hit road blocks.  It's quite frustrating!!  I think we may have it all sorted now...I hope.

4th grade is the time to hit our state history.  It was like academic Christmas when our curriculums finally arrived. I have our 2nd grader do all history and science together with the 4th grader.  I think it's more fun that way. ;-) Not to mention totally easier for mom.

The beginning of every school year is always filled with the excitement of academic promise and achievement.  This year is no different.

No comments: