Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Friday, June 04, 2010

Fresh Vision

Let my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, as raindrops on the tender herb, and as showers on the grass. Deut. 32:2

This verse was on my calender for the month of June. Wow! This is going to be my new theme verse for this next school year, if not for the rest of our home educating years. It's what I want to hope for our home.

I want to teach w/ joy. I want learning to happen in lovely ways, not forced with tension. I have ordered some curricula for next year that I am very excited about using. I hope it allows us to get back to 'ourselves'. The way of learning we enjoy, being in nature, exploring, reading, living a life that promotes learning as a lifestyle.

This past year was filled w/ tension and a sense of performance that felt contrary to natural desire.

Looking forward to next year being different. :0)

No comments: