Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Friday, October 21, 2011

Paper Mache Pumpkin

This month the middles (4th & 6th grader) tried paper mache for the first time. They created pumpkins. I thought they would find this craft fun and easy. As usual we needed to wing it.

The process involves inflating a balloon and covering it with strips of starched tissue paper. There wasn't ANY orange tissue paper at the store, believe it or not. So I purchased orange paper napkins instead. They tore them into strips but did not take apart the layers. I think it could have been smoother if they did. Once the paper is dry, they drew a face with a black sharpie and then the balloon is popped or deflated.


I think they came out adorable!!!
(even though we only got a pic of one)

No comments: