Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Day 3

These days are not official days. btw.

I have been trying to focus on building a 'schedule' & getting the ktbunch used to it. So for 2 days we have gotten up, eaten, brushed teeth, made beds & gone on a bike ride. 5 miles. The littles are in a bike trailer. When we come home: it's 'school' time. Supposedly. lol

I finally got everything straightened out for the online school access. I am aquainting us w/ it. Today was the first day of using the ols. It seemed awkward for Kindergartners lessons. Going to the computer for a lesson then going to the living room to find a textbook to use then back to the computer to guide us through the lesson. I didn't like that aspect. I think I may have to rearrange the living room & put the computer back in there. Or else we will be doing 'school' in my bedroom all day.

7th grader has not started any official lessons. I let him read the intros of the course subjects today on the ols. I want him to get aquainted w/ it as well over the next 2 weeks.

The official, official first day of school is Sept. 6, 2005. So I want to use these next 2 weeks to get on track w/ our new schedule, including the daily bike ride.

I realized yesterday (day2/2nd lesson)that my younger one does not do too well w/ his lessons if I wait until the afternoon. He gets antsy & can't focus too well. I started immediately after the bike ride today & he wasn't much better. A little bit better......I think he needs some personal physical activity first. He is in the trailer so there it's not much work out for him.

Not sure what to do about that.

When he focuses though...he does great. I think I may need to break the lessons up into shorter segments. He does exceptionally well in his math lessons. The phonics though.......it's as if I am speaking Chinese to him on some parts. {sigh}

No comments: