Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Monday, August 22, 2005

First day of Kindergarten

Today was to be our official: First Day of School.

Except that we haven't received all of our supplies yet. :o( Mostly everything but not everything we need to get started.

We did have everything for our Kindergartner to do his complete phonics lesson. He has been asking & asking & asking & asking, everyday to 'start school'. Today was THEE day! HE loved it. He looked a bit bored @ some moments but I played along. It was fun, easy & pressure free.

I think he became more motivated when he saw his 3yo sister getting in on the action. We were doing beginning, middle & ending placement of sounds. I introduced a sound then said 2 words, he had to tell me which word had the sound in the beginning. Well, lil' sister, was answering before him & most of her answers were correct. (granted, she had a 50/50 chance! lol)

I would have liked to cover more subjects but the online access does not start until tomorrow & I did not receive any other teacher guides except for phonics.

7th grader did not start becasue a lof of his lessons are online, combined w/ text book work. So we will attempt that tomorrow. He did help his lil' brother a bit though, which was sweet.

Kindergartner covered:
sounds /m/ & /t/
sound placement; beginning, middle, end
right hand
names of the alphabets

No comments: