Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We're on Break!!!

It's never really that exciting because I think most of our 'school' is low-key & I try to make it pretty 'low-pressure' as well.

I just allowed 3rd grader to start his own blog. You prolly won't ever see it....internet safety & all. It's cute though to hear him ask to work on it. He write a few sentences, then I spell check/grammar check it. Creative writing/English! Yay! He says: wow, school online is fun! lol

It's interesting what words he actually spells correctly & the words he doesn't.

I normally use vacations as *catch-up* times & this Christmas break is no different.
I've made some reminder reading flash cards & found/brought out some math flash cards.

3rd grader especially can do math in his mind using non-math words. He seems good @ oral word problems but that won't translate well for real life situations. So I've had to start teaching him what these oral word problems look like on paper. kwim?

He can do division & multiplication in his head, when I say it to him orally, but show him a problem on paper---chinese!!!

The other day I heart broken when he told me he does *not* like to read! :-(
For some reason he has it in his mind that 1) he is not a good reader & 2) he can read therefore why in the world would he *have* to *keep* reading if he already *knows* how?

See the logic? lol

Christmas break is just *not* long enough, IMO!

No comments: