Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Monday, January 05, 2009

Welcome back!

First day back wasn't so bad.

Set up the check off list pages I wanted for the ktbunch.
Made a plan for this week.

I printed out math worksheets for the week & lots of *Winter Themed* worksheets to do for science. We were doing Fall in our nature journals last semester.

These are more involved, vocabulary words, word searches, creative writing prompts etc. I want to have them all nice & neat in a folder or make a book *except* our big 3 hole punch has mysteriously disappeared. {eyeroll}

All of our elementary subjects mostly overlap. I have them do so much writing for each subject that it seems ridiculous to not count science writing assignments for English. kwim? Same for history.

Got oldest back on track. The ES had said that basically he needs to be half-way thru the assignments for each subject by the end of the semester. We looked over how many chapters/lectures or units for each subject & easily determined how many need to be accomplished for each subject.

He received most of his curriculum pretty late so I don't know if they will allow any grace for that. Over all though, he is on track, but he'll have to do a bit of cramming in the next 2 weeks.

We did not to *everything* but it was a nice ease into it. I think today was a good *school-day*. :-)

No comments: