Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time to Get Busy

I've gotten over my disappointment with the school's non-acknowledgement of S's learning disability. (well, mostly)  I decided I'm going to continue to do my own thing and forget about what they think needs to be done since they are not willing to help.  I am now focused on using the perks of this school in a way that will be the most beneficial and enjoyable for my students/kids.

I've requested enrollment in some extra curricular classes/lessons and I am very excited about that. I hope they are as wonderful as they sound.

Both Bird & S will begin Hip Hop dance lessons.  They are both excited about that. I think it will be a perfect fit for Bird especially.  Something more formal like ballet would bore her and discourage her from dancing at this point. I think hip hop is what's really 'in' her.  I hope she finds it fun and exciting.

S will *finally* begin real guitar lessons.  I'm afraid his guitar is probably too small now. Oh well...if so, well we'll just find one in the right size.

E is going to take art lessons with a local art studio.  They sound fabulous.  They teach according to the students individual level and art experience, which is great.  There is nothing like starting an art class and having to go over primary colors each and every time.  I think he will really like it.  The art instructor did let me know the class time I chose for him is mostly girls. {sigh}  What can I say? He's a really likable young man and he really does not need those distractions right now. ;-)

Plus S will continue his tutoring.  It's intensive but he is making great strides.  He is motivated to continue working hard because the ES refused to give the kids work permits stating that they were below grade level as her reason.  I pointed out the learning disability and wanted it recognized because then she would not hold his test scores against him but since they refuse to acknowledge it...it feels hopeless.  We will see what happens. I'm not going to stress about it.  It's had, as a mother to see your children disappointed.

My children are bright though and we will get through this, like everything else.  Someday this will all be a distant memory. ;-D

No comments: