Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Saturday, February 19, 2011

New Outlook

I'm changing up the blog a bit.  I want to expand more on our home educating  journey.....now that my first is nearly finished. {eyeroll} I'm hoping to give more insight to what *our* home-educating life looks like in real every day life.  Not that I will blog daily, but I hope to give a clearer view of what home educating can really look like for one family in a sea of very many.


Many think that all "home schoolers" are the same, such as all super conservative, Christians that don't allow their children to date, spend time with others, always wear skirts and make all their own bread.  Guess what? Nope! haha.


Home educating families fit a very broad range of styles, methods, religious (& non-religious) backgrounds. And they are all over the WORLD! :-)


I want to spend more time sharing what our academic life looks like.  Most of it does not look academic.  That is on purpose.  Our life is full of learning opportunities, so much that there is not much delineation between academics, living, field trips and family time. kwim?  


I don't speak for all home-educating families.  How could I? I can only give you a glimpse into our life...I hope you might enjoy what you see or find here. Maybe you will be inspired. ;-)  I hope so...because I think home educating is a natural extension of family life and I really enjoy what it has offered our family.

No comments: