Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

More Owl Fun


Continuing our owl theme, I found an owl craft...finger puppets!
I allowed Kurtis to use the glue gun. He was so careful because he was afraid to get burned. I reassured him that it's not as bad as it seems and once he gets burned it will be ok because then he will know.

Sure enough, he accidentally burned himself and he agreed that it wasn't so bad. That released him from the fear of being burned. 

I didn't have any googly eyes so I did a quick run to Dollar Tree! (I spend way too much time & money in that place--but SO worth it!!!) Of course they had them. I used felt I already had, which it only needed a few scrap pieces. I may or may not have had more fun than him but hey, at least we got something done together, right? I suppose I can count this as art? Will it still count as science, since it's an owl? I'm not sure. haha. Definitely fine motor skills!

I also did a test run of an owl writing project with a tutoring client. It went over well and I'm going to use it with him later...I'll share when I do. 

No comments: