Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb, And as showers on the grass.
Deut. 32:2

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Owl Art



I'm sorry, I just can't stop! There are so many great ideas out there and he needs to do art too, right?
This project used water color, tempra and acrylic paints. He also used various tools to accomplish the painting. 



The truth is, every.single. paintbrush we have ever owned is lost. Magically disappeared!
I remembered I had these gigantic pompoms and a co-worker used small pompoms to paint with when she didn't have a paintbrush either...so voila! I discovered that the large pompoms actually give him a lot more control over the paint. Plus he can cover more space with only a few moves.


Later, for the fine details he used a small brush (I ran out to Michael's to purchase a pack!). We did not have brown paint so I attempted to create it myself, mixing orange and green initially...that didn't go over very well. After adding too much black, a bit of white and more orange...we ended up with a color akin to a very grey-ish green, possibly brown if we're hopeful, sort of shade.

No comments: